Eye injuries or trauma to the eye area can be stressful and frightening. Your eyesight is precious and anything that might put it at risk needs to be dealt with immediately.
When an accident occurs, call our office right away. We can assess your situation and recommend next steps, whether that be coming to see an optometrist or going directly to an emergency room.
If our office is closed, you should proceed to your nearest hospital.Request Appointment
Symptoms That Might Mean an Eye Emergency
While most eye emergencies involve noticeable symptoms or trauma, other eye emergencies are not as obvious. Any sudden changes to your vision should be considered an eye care emergency.
Sudden onset of any of the following symptoms may also indicate an emergency:
- Burning or stinging
- Pupils that differ in size
- Bulging eyes
- Severe eye pain
- Double vision
- Redness or severe itching
- Bruising or bleeding
- Sudden headache
- Discharge from the eye
- Eyes not moving together
Call our office immediately if you experience any of these issues.
Eye Emergency Do’s & Don’ts
Eye emergencies can happen anytime, anyplace. Whether at work, home, sporting events, or the playground, it's important to know how to handle them. Having the knowledge to take necessary first-aid steps and promptly seek medical care can make a huge impact.
In case of an eye emergency, follow these emergency do’s and don’ts.
- Flush your eye with cold water in the event of chemical contact.
- Clean your hands before touching your eye.
- Lightly cover the eye without applying pressure.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Don’t use tools anywhere near the eye area.
- Avoid rubbing the eye or applyling pressure of any kind.
- Don’t try to remove any large foreign objects.
- Don’t apply any medications, drops, or ointments.
- Don’t remove contact lenses (with the exception of a chemical splash).
Come See Us
- 333 US-290 Suite 419
- Dripping Springs, TX 78620
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Our Google Reviews
I came here for my yearly exam. Dr. Priya has a beautiful space and all the coolest equipment to keep you comfortable and enjoy getting your eyes checked! There’s a great selection of frames and top of the line lenses. We are so lucky she has arrived in Drip!
Locally owned. Dr. Patel does a fantastic job of making you very comfortable with the process of eye care. After visiting with her for a short time, it’s easy to feel confident in her expertise and trust that she has your best interest at heart. I would definitely recommend Eyecare Studio and am more than happy to refer Dr. Patel to anybody I know.
Dr Patel made the process so easy. I was able to get an exam without having to get dialated and was in and out within 30 minutes with them looking up all my info for me. Def a strong recommend for anyone who wants to have a quick streamlined process with the latest tech.